Capt. Zarir Irani
Capt. Zarir Iràni, FIIMS, FICS, AFNI, HCMM, Asso. CII, NAMS-CMS, MBA
The Chair at Board of Directors at Constellation Marine Services, London, UAE & SINGAPORE.
Current Board member & immediate past global President of – International Institute of Marine Surveying (IIMS) – (2018-2020)
Global Assurance committee member at Nautical Institute, UK.
“A Surveyor delivers trust, accountability and competency via his independent report first and then knowledge and efficiency – much later.”- as quoted by Zarir Irani.
Zarir represents Antiqua & Barbuda Maritime & Flag State Administration as their sole representative and Regional Director for UAE & Singapore.
Over 29 years of work experience in the Maritime and Offshore oil gas industry of which 16 years as an Independent surveyor having concluded 22,500 nominations as principal of Constellation Marine. (A Master Mariner holding MCA class I license Unlimited foreign going (FG) (valid until 2022.)
• OCIMF Accredited, OVID Inspector(valid 2020)
• Maritime Law-Southampton-short course
• Expert witness @ DIFC courts and courts of Appeal.
• Advanced Accident investigation course
• Member of Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)-UK
• Full Member of NAMS CMS Global, USA
• HAZMAT Course, Warranty surveying course
• NEPIA Loss Prevention course.
• Associate Fellow of Nautical Institute and member of Global Assurance committee UK
• Lead Auditor (IRCA approved)
• Life member of Honorable Company of Master Mariners India & Annual member HCMM in UK.
Today Capt Irani will share with us 3 cases indicative of how complex the world of claim is, oil contamination pollution and putting a finger on “Proximate Cause” V/S assumed causes, that may be discussed endlessly or maybe the “obvious cause”.
He puts forth caselets today from his 16 years of claims experience how one may understand a tanker claim better and what role independent experts play.